Skip to main content

Bulbophyllum romyi

Bulbophyllum romyi
   
    I love this plant and I didn't even buy it on purpose!  It came labeled as fascinator semi-alba, which at first I was disappointed - I got over that pretty quickly.  



Check out these macro shots, even the anther cap is decorated.  Each part of this flower has a distinctive texture - I highly recommend enlarging these!

  





Thought I would share some of the more artistic photos I took of this in my new photo nook.  Which, by the way was a great upgrade - though I did get the concentrated aroma of this Bulbophyllum.  Not the worst by far, but immediately brought to mind the bag of wet seashells that had sat in the sun for a few days - on a long car trip home from the beach.  'What on earth is that smell?'  Rotting invertabrates.  Of course we always check for creatures, but still...it's really only noticable when you stick your face in it. 

Not a complaint, just an observation.  As a Bulbophyllum connoisseur, I know full well what I was getting into, and honestly, it could be much worse.  

Comments